Customisation required

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
bescott53

Customisation required

Post by bescott53 » 2017-05-03 12:39

Hi Board, I need to customisations

1) is to run a stored procedure from one of my pages, it will have 3 inputs, (need to be drop downs) once all 3 selected then the stored proc runs.
2) is after someone updates a table any other record with a matching oppid field is updated with the same info that was entered

if anyone can help point me in the right direction I would be grateful

Bryan

bartvertongen

Re: Customisation required

Post by bartvertongen » 2017-07-22 01:24

The function after_update in the corresponding hooks file could help.

Asawyer13

Post by Asawyer13 » 2019-07-05 17:49

Can AppGini use Stored Procedures? That would make part of what I am wanting to do much easier.

Mostly to be able to execute a stored procedure, don't really need it for adding/updating/deleting data in the table.

Alan

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

AppGini, MySQL/MariaDB and Stored Procedures

Post by jsetzer » 2019-07-05 18:46

Can AppGini use Stored Procedures
The term "Stored Procedures" usually is related to databases and not to code-generators like AppGini is.
  • Many databases support stored procedures but not every database does.
    You need to have a look at your MySQL/MariaDB database-version and your hosting environment. Maybe you can just try using any SQL workbench (like Adminer, phpMyAdmin or any other). Have a look here: http://www.mysqltutorial.org/introducti ... dures.aspx.
    Caution: If your SPs do run on your local machine, it does not automatically mean that your SPs do run in your hosted environment.
  • AppGini supports programming in PHP and/or JavaScript. On executing SQL statements like INSERT or UPDATE, stored procedures may be triggered on your database.
So the answer to your question is:
You can use PHP in your AppGini-hooks to trigger stored procedures if your database supports them.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

Asawyer13

Post by Asawyer13 » 2019-07-05 19:28

Thanks.
Alan