Link or join tables

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
Reptar Eater

Link or join tables

Post by Reptar Eater » 2015-10-06 20:27

Hello all

I am new and I did some power searching on join and link in relation to the advanced filters. I did not really see a quick and simple way to join tables together in the way I envisioned. Example I want to use the advance filters and be able to use fields from different tables. See below

Table 1 column - dog
Table 2 column - food
Table 3 column - Toys

Advance filter

Filtered field comparison operator comparison value

filter 01 dog = poodle
filter 02 food = kibble
filter 03 toys = bone

Based on these fields in different tables I want the data to be displayed. How do I do this? Would this require some modification in the code or did I over look something? Thanks for your help.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Link or join tables

Post by a.gneady » 2015-10-06 21:59

Hmm ... you probably need to combine the fields into a fourth table using lookup fields. You can then search the fourth table the way you described above.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Reptar Eater

Post by Reptar Eater » 2015-10-09 03:03

Okay I understand what you are getting at but I was looking for a way to do this with appgini without creating a fourth table with all these fields.

urichard
Veteran Member

Post by urichard » 2018-11-03 12:47

Hi Admin

Is it possible with either code in the hooks folder or in appgini itself to create a way of auto filtering data in a table according to a certain client.. i.o.w there is one table with 3 different clients but each client has about 10 records in this table and all the records of all the 3 clients are all mixed.. i want to filter them not with the front end but actualy have 1 link or button that when clicked it will do 3 things, nr 1 filter all the same clients records together, nr 2 send an email or push notification to that client with their own records and what was changed and nr 3 create a screenshot copy of what was just sent to each client and store it on the database?

I hope all this would be possible?

Kind Regards
Richard
[email protected][/color]

Kind Regards
Richard

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-11-05 09:34

Hi Richard,

can you please start a new post with your question as it is not related to this one.
Aslo it would be helpful if you show a screenshot of what you try to acheive.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

urichard
Veteran Member

Post by urichard » 2018-11-21 21:06

Hi pbottcher i have tried starting a new post? how do i start my own post?

Kind Regards
Richard

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2018-11-22 06:27

Hi,

looks like you managed to find how to create a new post 8-) :

https://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewto ... dd09dc90a3
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

urichard
Veteran Member

Post by urichard » 2018-11-22 08:50

Haha yes i did!! thanks for checking up on me lol

Kind Regards
Richard