How to pass the same record after insert to a pull down menu?

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
nycwebmaster
Veteran Member

How to pass the same record after insert to a pull down menu?

Post by nycwebmaster » 2019-03-02 18:07

Hi,

Let me explain first the database configuration so you can understand what I need to do:

I have a table called Events one of the fields on the event table is called company name

I have a table called Contacts and one of the fields is called company name that pulls the information from the company name field from the event table

After the customer enters an event he is redirected to the Contacts table

On the contacts table the customer has to choose from the pull down menu his company name.

Is there a way that the customer could have already selected the company name that he entered on the Events table instead of having to choose it from the pull down menu when he is redirected?

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: How to pass the same record after insert to a pull down menu?

Post by a.gneady » 2019-03-20 12:36

Yes, you can add a 'filterer' parameter to the URL you're redirecting users to. So, if you're redirecting to 'contacts_view.php?addNew_x=1', modify that to 'contacts_view.php?addNew_x=1&filterer_company_name={$event_id}' ... Assuming $event_id variable stores the ID of the newly added event, and 'company_name' is the name of the lookup field in contacts. For more details, see https://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanc ... parameters
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.