Picture field

Got something cool to share with AppGini users? Feel free to post it here!
hubert
Veteran Member

Picture field

Post by hubert » 2019-01-13 22:10

Hi,

Have 3 pictures in my database for object inventory.
Fields note the picture name, don't rename as I asked, all ok.

But ... is there a way to create on server, store and write in the db a full or partial tree structure as "trees/japanese-apple-tree.jpg" ?
These pictures are organisedd in tree structure on the computer but .. not on the server ...

Thx all

sjohn
Veteran Member

Re: Picture field

Post by sjohn » 2019-01-14 06:42

Hello hubert

Maybe the post from jsetzer about the organisation chart could be used.
https://forums.appgini.com/phpbb/viewto ... f=4&t=2874

Imagine that instead of a name on a person, then it was the name of a folder.
The "name" can be made clickable.
The structure can be made from data in the database - or - it can be made manually.

On CodePen ( https://codepen.io/collection/AWxGVb/ ) there are more different charts to see.
Maybe this could help as inspiration.
If you want to show also each image-name in a folder, I think this is not a good way - then maybe a multi-accordion would be better.

sjohn
Veteran Member

Post by sjohn » 2019-01-14 09:45

OR - do you mean that you by upload want to be able to specify a folder name on the server, and then have the images be stored in this folder ?

hubert
Veteran Member

Post by hubert » 2019-01-16 10:15

sjohn wrote:
2019-01-14 09:45
OR - do you mean that you by upload want to be able to specify a folder name on the server, and then have the images be stored in this folder ?
Yes, the deal would be to (may be not creat, can be manual) but at least select a folder on the server and store it there.
In a fully satisfying way could store in a completely different folder used for a galerie ...