additional notes field in builder

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

additional notes field in builder

Post by grimblefritz » 2016-01-22 14:14

Sometimes I want to have more information in the builder to remind me of details about a table or field that I don't want visible in the generated app. As everything in the Description field becomes displayed data, it would be useful to have a Notes textarea for tables/fields.

grimblefritz
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: additional notes field in builder

Post by grimblefritz » 2019-02-28 15:58

I would like to revive this suggestion. I just went back to a project from a few years back. As I couldn't put developer notes into the Description field, and as I'd since misplaced or erased or otherwise could not find my notes... it would have been VERY USEFUL to have had app/table/field notes in the builder.

Also, it would be useful to have these output to a file in xml or json format -- maybe notes.xml/json -- so we would have reliable access to them from within custom code. I would be relatively easy to embed information in the "Notes" field that our custom code could parse.

I think adding a Notes field shouldn't be difficult. Maybe exporting Notes on generation requires a bit more effort. Anyway, if we could at least get the Notes in the builder, that would be terrific.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: additional notes field in builder

Post by a.gneady » 2019-03-20 13:13

This is on our to-do list indeed and will probably be implemented in AppGini 5.80.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.