Upgrade

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
primitive_man
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Upgrade

Post by primitive_man » 2015-05-21 23:47

Hello, let me open this statement with the following:
I will be buying this minor-version.

BUT I do so, having no alternative.

I do not mind paying for 'Upgrades' - but this, version 5.40 is NOT an upgrade... it's a minor-version (See: http://programmers.stackexchange.com/qu ... do-you-use for definitions in general use) that majorly fixes bugs / changes (updates) in external program references (bootstrap/ jQuery / jQuery UI etc)

It IS a good program - that's essentially infinitely adaptable - it's use of 'hooks' (although I've seen them in other programs) - makes it highly configurable. And this from someone who's owns and uses Scriptcase and ComponentOne Studio. The speed with which I can get a small project up and running is beyond compare - many of my client have small (read: miniscule or 'no') budget (Typically: charities, help shops etc).

If the programmer(s) (and here I'm uncertain but convinced it's in the single) wish to offer this as an 'Upgrade' then they'll have to increase either:
a) The amount of features your program offers or
b) increase the number of programmers / and/or testing time so that the number of minor versions (bug fixes) decreases.

Yours, primitive_man

dssc

Re: Upgrade

Post by dssc » 2015-05-23 10:27

+1

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-05-23 21:18

Hmm ... I can understand your frustration about the small number of updates recently. However, I disagree with calling it a minor upgrade. There is a large number of enhancements and fixes, as well as several new features added*. Each takes a considerable time to implement and test -- please note that testing of AppGini is not an easy task due to all the possible combinations of options for each field and each table.

We'll try our best to make updates more frequent in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

---------
* Detailed change log for AppGini 5.40
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

table_otto
Veteran Member

Post by table_otto » 2015-05-25 10:40

I have a question about Upgrading...

I log in with my latest Ordering number from bevor 18, May 2014 and see a message that tells me, I can now upgrade my AppGini to the latest 5.40 - ok.
upgrade.jpg
upgrade.jpg (235.05 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
But after clicking on update, it says i have to pay over 75 Euro instead of 39,xx Dolars.
full.jpg
full.jpg (60.74 KiB) Viewed 5893 times

Whats wrong or what miss understand I? :?:

And when I see the feature list ... than this is a 6.00 and not a 5.40. ;)

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2015-05-25 21:53

Hmm .. seems like 2 licenses were added to your cart. Clearing cookies would help fix this (or opening it in "Incognito" or anonymous browsing mode). I've sent you an alternative upgrade link on your PM (private messages) now anyway. Please check it.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

table_otto
Veteran Member

Post by table_otto » 2015-05-26 14:29

Your PN Link has worked for me, but only in my Internet Explorer... :? But I have now the Upgrade payed and downloaded - now is all just fine. ;)