Pictures not passing via lookup fields v5.20

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
bambinou
Veteran Member

Pictures not passing via lookup fields v5.20

Post by bambinou » 2013-10-29 22:18

Hi,

Months ago I had to abandon a project due to this error, I am posting it again but this time tested in appgini 5.20.

I have an employee table with a picture. I need to pass this picture into another table as a lookup field. Unfortunately, it seems that AppGini is unable to pass any documents in the visual forms from one table to the next. What I get is just a link of the picture, but no thumbnail in my lookup field.

Thank you,

Ben

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Pictures not passing via lookup fields v5.20

Post by KSan » 2014-02-04 17:24

This would be nice. To be able to include images in a dropdown table next to the actual lookup field text.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-02-08 13:29

This has been added in AppGini 5.23 ... if you have an auto-fill lookup field whose parent caption is an image, it will be displayed in child tables.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-02-08 23:21

Great work. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for all your hard work.

cloudsea

Post by cloudsea » 2018-10-02 12:42

a.gneady wrote:
2014-02-08 13:29
This has been added in AppGini 5.23 ... if you have an auto-fill lookup field whose parent caption is an image, it will be displayed in child tables.
Hi, sorry if I don't fully understand your wording... but do you mean it is possible to see miniture thumbnails of the child image records within the dropdown menu itself? If I select the image field in the dropdown, it only shows e.g. abcdefg.jpg in the dropdown, rather than the image itself. I guess not - though this would be useful too!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2018-10-03 12:53

@cloudsea ... nope .. that's not what I meant .. sorry if it wasn't clear ... Let me clarify with an example ... Let's say you have an orders table, where you specify the customer by selecting her name from a drop-down lookup field .. In the same orders table, you also have a 'Customer photo' field because for some reason you want to see the customer's photo while entering the order :D ... and you set this field as an auto-fill lookup field that points to the customer photo field from the customers table ... So, once you specify the customer name from the first lookup field, the second one would display the customer's photo.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.