sort combo box

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
jgregor

sort combo box

Post by jgregor » 2020-10-16 19:33

Hello everyone, I will need your help to solve this problem: I have an application to register participants in a poultry show that is already working. I have a form to add animals for the show. I would like to filter the contents of a combo according to the selection in a first combo. In the first combo there is the category of animals: rabbits, chickens etc. the second combo contains the breeds of the animals. The breeds file contains ID, breed, category. I would like to arrive at display only the breeds corresponding to the selected category in the category combo. I can not find a solution. Is there a solution? Thank you in advance ;)

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: sort combo box

Post by pbottcher » 2020-10-17 12:59

Hi,

you can use the filter on the setting
category.PNG
category.PNG (22.61 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
You need to have a lookup from the category to the animals table (but I assume you have that already)
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

jgregor

Post by jgregor » 2020-10-17 14:59

Thank you pbottcher for your answer but I do not have the checkbox on the right of the screen when I set the lookup field. I will try other settings. Thank you again

jgregor

Post by jgregor » 2020-10-19 13:15

Hello, if I categorize the parent table, I get the list of categories which I have in combo categories. I think I can filter combo 2 with the where clause but I cannot find the correct sinthaxe: select .. .etc where "plemeno kategoria =" Kategoria selected in combo1 "Thank you

jgregor

Post by jgregor » 2020-10-25 10:08

Hello, I'm still trying to find the correct sintaxe to filter my combo according to the choice made in combo 1. I think this must be possible by the where clause but I don't know how to formulate it in sql. For example in combo 1 I have categories which correspond to the category of animal breeds and I would like in combo 2 to appear only the breeds whose category I have chosen in combo 1. Someone would have an idea how to formulate this clause in sql that I could put in kookup advanced.Thanks

sathukorala
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by sathukorala » 2020-11-27 06:53

jgregor wrote:
2020-10-25 10:08
Hello, I'm still trying to find the correct sintaxe to filter my combo according to the choice made in combo 1. I think this must be possible by the where clause but I don't know how to formulate it in sql. For example in combo 1 I have categories which correspond to the category of animal breeds and I would like in combo 2 to appear only the breeds whose category I have chosen in combo 1. Someone would have an idea how to formulate this clause in sql that I could put in kookup advanced.Thanks
I am looking the something... have you found a way jgregor?