auto increment getting string val?

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

auto increment getting string val?

Post by D Oliveira » 2020-02-13 02:30

hi, please take a look at these two images, my prinary key “id” is an auto increment integer and works fine on local host, but when uploading the application to server look what happens, somehow the ‘Not Assigned’ value is begin pushed through, that field should be ommited in that statement, any comments? thank you

https://i.imgur.com/GJuC9m6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TABlpzA.jpg

*rebuild pages doesnt show any rebuilds, same database, same application

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: auto increment getting string val?

Post by a.gneady » 2020-02-13 13:02

Hmm ... where does the 'Not assigned' string in the query come from? Is it specified as a default value for the field in AppGini? Please try going to the admin area > Utilities menu > Rebuild fields ... does the page report any issues in the database?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2020-02-13 13:21

a.gneady wrote:
2020-02-13 13:02
Hmm ... where does the 'Not assigned' string in the query come from? Is it specified as a default value for the field in AppGini? Please try going to the admin area > Utilities menu > Rebuild fields ... does the page report any issues in the database?
'not assigned' string comes from appgini standard procedure of inserting the record in the db, theres no custom code on my end, rebuild fields is clear all fields are ok, no console erros other than those images that I have shared, the `id` primary key field should be omitted in that statement, which file of appgini handles auto increment insert statements?

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2020-02-13 13:34

UPDATE:

yes, 'Not Assigned' was a default value inside appgini application but i have never written that there, my application is in portuguese, maybe by clicking autoincrement in an appgini older version you had 'Not Assigned' to be set as default value, anyway.... removing that FIXED THE ISSUE! thank you