5.81: technical doc - contents too long and not scrollable

Please report bugs and any annoyances here. Kindly include all possible details: steps to reproduce, expected result, actual result, screenshots, ... etc.
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

5.81: technical doc - contents too long and not scrollable

Post by onoehring » 2020-02-11 17:08

Hi,

I notice, that in 5.81 the technical docs contents, if long, they don't scroll, so the user can not access all of the index by clicking on it:
ec202002-01.png
ec202002-01.png (107.37 KiB) Viewed 8411 times
Olaf

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: 5.81: technical doc - contents too long and not scrollable

Post by a.gneady » 2020-02-26 14:32

Hi Olaf,

Thanks for reporting this issue ... At first I thought adding an overflow CSS rule like this would fix it, but it doesn't:

Code: Select all

#toc-section > nav {
	overflow-y: scroll;
}
The reason why is due to the affix Bootstrap class which helps keep the TOC always visible as the document is scrolled, but it prevents applying a scrollbar to it. I guess the possible fix would be to allow table titles in the TOC to collapse and expand, hiding/showing the fields list under each table (automatically with scrolling, or manually by user) .. I'll investigate this and implement it in future releases.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2020-02-28 17:32

You're always welcome, and I hope you like it :)
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2021-01-23 19:10

Noted, Olaf. Planned for fixing in 5.95.