Not automatically approving members

If you're a new user of AppGini, feel free to ask general usage questions, or look for answers here.
D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Not automatically approving members

Post by D Oliveira » 2019-05-31 17:19

Hi, running appgini 5.72, sign-ups are not being automatically approved, the admin has to approve them ,manually even with the settings appropriately defined. please fix. thank you

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: Not automatically approving members

Post by a.gneady » 2019-06-02 11:03

Hmm ... I'm unable to reproduce this issue using AppGini 5.75.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2019-06-02 20:25

a.gneady wrote:
2019-06-02 11:03
Hmm ... I'm unable to reproduce this issue using AppGini 5.75.
Im still experiencing this issue with appgini 5.75, is there any file I can access to check the code?

thank you.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2019-06-04 15:52

This setting is group-specific. For example, let's assume you have a group A, where users can sign up without admin approval, and a group B, where admin must approve users. Now, if a user signs up to group A, she should automatically be approved. If another user signs up to group B, she won't be able to sign in until admin approves her.

Could you provide more details on how your groups are set up so I can try to reproduce the issue more accurately?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2019-06-04 19:53

a.gneady wrote:
2019-06-04 15:52
This setting is group-specific. For example, let's assume you have a group A, where users can sign up without admin approval, and a group B, where admin must approve users. Now, if a user signs up to group A, she should automatically be approved. If another user signs up to group B, she won't be able to sign in until admin approves her.

Could you provide more details on how your groups are set up so I can try to reproduce the issue more accurately?
Now that you have provided this information everything works, what has confused me was the fact that the admin settings seemed to be the general ruler for approval, while in actuality groups have each their own criteria, anyway problem solve, thanks!!