"Add/Edit Data Format" does not seem to work for me...

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

"Add/Edit Data Format" does not seem to work for me...

Post by KSan » 2013-04-14 21:37

Hi, today I wanted to create a new time format so I decided to try the suggested approach ... edit dataFormats.cfg file living in the add-ons subfolder of AppGini. I added a new format at the end and restarted AppGini but the new format did not show up. I then edited the description of the first format by adding a letter just to see if this file is pulled into AppGini and again the update did not make it in there.

It seems like there is a new source for the formats and the help text in AppGini is not updated. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks for your guidance.

Yilmaz
Veteran Member

Re: "Add/Edit Data Format" does not seem to work for me...

Post by Yilmaz » 2013-04-17 14:28

Hi KSan,

I am using AppGini vers.5 and I added the following code in C:\Program Files (x86)\AppGini\add-ons\dataFormats.cfg:

Code: Select all

EU Short Date/Time (example YILMAZ: 18.11.2023 19:10 Uhr); DATE_FORMAT(%%FIELD%%, '%d.%m.%Y %H:%i')
With this code I can now see the data format select option above within AppGini > my_table > Data Format > Format this field as.

- Did you restart your AppGini file?
- Do you have admin rights for the directory where the datFormats.cfg is stored?
- You should may be use a text editor like Notepad++ to edit the dataFormats.cfg because of the single or double quotes problem!?

Yilmaz

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-04-17 17:13

Yilmaz merhaba!,

Thanks much for your reply. I was encouraged to go back and double check all I did. I did make the C:\Program Files (x86)\AppGini Read/Write as it was ReadOnly thanks to the Windows 7 defaults and then used PSPad rather than NotePad which handled the linebreaks better. I can now add new formats and they are seen by Appgini after a restart.

We can write this one off as a user error on my part!

Regards & thanks,
Kerem

Yilmaz
Veteran Member

Post by Yilmaz » 2013-04-18 15:10

Selam Kerem,

no problem, you're welcome ;-)

Yilmaz