Where and how to do Server Side Validation?

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
urichard
Veteran Member

Where and how to do Server Side Validation?

Post by urichard » 2022-12-09 18:47

Please can someone assist me in understanding where to go to do serverside validation?

I want to spesifically do a validation on Seeing if a certain user logged in have access to "save" / "submit" a record, and if not it will not update it.

Im sorry for asking such a stupid question but where do i place the code, or do i do the validation with a code on the database mysql?

Im a bit confused about this, any clarity would be appreciated much

Im using cpanel
[email protected][/color]

Kind Regards
Richard

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Where and how to do Server Side Validation?

Post by jsetzer » 2022-12-09 19:03

Did you setup permissions correctly in Admin Area for that user's group?

If group is not allowed to edit a record, then user will not be able to save that record.

No reason to do server-side validation (on before update) if user cannot save at all.

Anyway: serverside validation on update can be done in TABLENAME_before_update function in hooks/TABLENAME.php. Do your validation in PHP, then return FALSE if validation fails.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools