LDAP

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
angus
Veteran Member

LDAP

Post by angus » 2022-04-07 22:47

Hi everyone, I was using LDAP but it does not work in 22.12 due to the loginMember function no longer existing. Ahmed advises this has been moved to

Code: Select all

/resources/lib/Authentication.php
I have had a look at this but its totally different to the LogInMember function and I am not easily able to recreate it.

Has anyone had any luck updating this to use LDAP?
AppGini 22.13

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: LDAP

Post by a.gneady » 2024-01-23 17:36

I'm glad to announce that we've just added LDAP support to AppGini 24.10, https://bigprof.com/appgini/help/ldap-authentication

All you need to do is configure LDAP settings from the admin area > Utilities menu > Admin settings > LDAP

You don't need to define your LDAP users first in your AppGini app. Instead, you can configure LDAP settings to automatically add new users to a specified group. May be you could give this group minimal or no permissions, review the users in there, and move them to other groups to activate them.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.