Batch Action / Add to Cart

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
ronwill
Veteran Member

Batch Action / Add to Cart

Post by ronwill » 2021-10-29 02:17

Using the INVOICE DEMO:
You create an invoice. then you create lines. You create the invoice-lines by choosing from another table (products table).

What I would like to do is add multiple lines/records from the products table for example by:
1. Using the select record checkbox / more button / run batch action that will add all the selected items onto the invoice.
2. Or alternatively an add to cart button on products page that would would add the product directly to a clients new or selectable invoice.
3. I have looked at 'OpenCart' to use as an EShop and whilst I like it I would still prefer to keep everything going through AppGini!

My goal is to use the invoice demo more as a shopping cart whereby the products are EShop items and when selected are added to the invoice (order, shopping cart or quotation etc.).
I've done this a few times but using the demo with dropdown combo has the disadvantage of only one item at a time, no image in combo, and cant be done directly from the products page (that has full details, images etc.).
I know there is an old example showing add to cart / buy now options in a table view however I only need a single
add to cart button on the invoice template based on the total price (as I currently do).

Can anyone help guide me through the possibility of items 1 or 2 above or offer an alternative solution, many thanks
Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course