generate form type applications

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
pasbonte
Veteran Member

generate form type applications

Post by pasbonte » 2021-05-17 15:55

Hello
Is it possible to use APPGINI to generate form type applications?
and form with conditions
Ex
I check A I go to question 1
I check B I go to question 2

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Re: generate form type applications

Post by pfrumkin » 2021-05-17 21:23

Hi

AG is database driven, the forms are built based on the database tables, so I think the answer to your first question is no. At least not so straightforward.

For the second question, each checkbox would have to be a column in the table and likewise the answers to the questions would have to be columns (with the questions being the column captions). Using JS you could start by hiding the Q/A and based on which checkbox is checked, show the appropriate Q/A. Depending on the actual complexity of your application, this may not be best approach - perhaps based on checking a box you redirect to a totally separate page (based on a different table).

~Paul

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: generate form type applications

Post by pbottcher » 2021-05-18 05:47

Hi,
as your question is very generic, the answer is about the same. Pfrumkin already pointed out that the base of AppGini is creating a CRUD application to handle data.
With the options you have to modify, extend the application, you can turn it in almost everything you want. The only drawback is that you need to code it. It will not be available like the App-generation Window application.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.