App on phone and pictures added

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
hubert
Veteran Member

App on phone and pictures added

Post by hubert » 2021-02-09 21:19

Hi,
Didn't find an answer here ...

I'd like to use my app developped with AppGini on an android. That seems to be possible.
But the tip is that Id' like to use on the phone to be able to take pictures and insert them directly but after resizing.

Should be quite shorter then sending the pictures on the computer, resizing and then inserting.

Out of my knowledge for sure, is anyone here has any idea if I dream or if may be ... ?

G Scott

Re: App on phone and pictures added

Post by G Scott » 2021-04-09 20:20

Hi Hubert,

Not sure this will fully answer your question but...

I've found using a different camera app works brilliantly.
There's a free app called Timestamp Camera, it allows you to configure different features such as timestamps/location on photos as well as having settings for image size to keep the file size small.

When you click the "choose file" button to upload an image, Android then gives an option of "Timestamp Camera". This allows you to quickly take a photo and insert it into your app automatically. Works great for me.

Best regards
G Scott