Additional Filter Buttons

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
angus
Veteran Member

Additional Filter Buttons

Post by angus » 2020-08-19 10:24

Hi everyone, I am wanting to add some filter buttons on the table view screen without the user having to set the filters. I also want to set this dynamically so it is based on the logged in user.

I have set up the -tv.js page ok And built the first button using the help from the forums but I need to add 2 additional conditions and everything i tried has not worked.

here is where the button is appearing
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (9.86 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
and here is the code below. I was able to get the [custom][0] field in the detail view ok, I copied over the code to the -tv.js file but it didnt work.

I need a filter that looks at field 21 and picks this up from the logged in user, and another filter (field 33) that is Europe

any help would be appreciated.

Code: Select all

$j(function() {
var d = new Date();

// formatted date .. change order and separator to the ones you selected in your AppGini project
// in the below line, the format is month/day/year
//var formattedDate = (d.getDate()+7) + '/' + (d.getMonth()+1) + '/' + d.getFullYear();
var formattedDate = '01/04/2021'

// now build the 4 parts of the filter
var filter = {
		'FilterAnd[1]': 'and',
        'FilterField[1]': 14,  // change this to the actual index of your date field
        'FilterOperator[1]': 'less-than',
        'FilterValue[1]': formattedDate
};

// building the filter url ... change tablename to the actual table name
var url = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_view.php?SortField=14&SortDirection=desc&' + $j.param(filter);

// finally, insert the filter button
$j('<a class="btn btn-lg btn-default" href="' + url + '">Due This Year</a>').appendTo('#top_buttons');
})
AppGini 22.13