Multiple choice lookup field

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
ronwill
Veteran Member

Multiple choice lookup field

Post by ronwill » 2020-08-18 12:01

Hi all,

I've been using Ahmeds multiple choice lookup field solution as shown here:
https://bigprof.com/blog/appgini/a-work ... gini-apps/ and it works perfectly.

I would however like to expand upon it but don't have a solution:

Senario:
Using above does as it says, however if I use the 'search maker plugin' for the 'tags' field it will only show the list values as entered into the axp file. I can manually create a list file and add it to my axp project (copied from the created csv file that was created using above method) and update it from time to time, but thats not a practical solution.
I was wondering if there is a clever, simple solution to 'read' the created csv file into the 'search maker plugin' whereby it will always show all the tags available. I hope I've explained that clearly!
Purpose is to present a list with 'Filter before showing table view' (setting in axp file) that will show the updated tag list from the created csv file using the multiple choice lookup field solution.

Any help appreciated, it's not for a specific project or time sensitive just something I would like to include on later projects and on my wish list!
Cheers, Ron
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

zibrahim
Veteran Member

Re: Multiple choice lookup field

Post by zibrahim » 2020-08-18 13:43

Hi Ron,
I am also looking for the solution. Hopefully Ahmed will put this in his ingredient list.
Zala.
Appgini 24.10.1579, MacOS 14.3.1 Windows 11 on Parallels.