Is there a way to create a page without login?

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
bambinou
Veteran Member

Is there a way to create a page without login?

Post by bambinou » 2013-02-02 21:23

Hi,

I would like to know if it is actually possible to generate a "Home" page that shows pictures or files to download without having the need for the user to log in?

Thank you,

Ben

benzoD
Veteran Member

Re: Is there a way to create a page without login?

Post by benzoD » 2013-02-06 17:27

I'm rather new to AppGini but I think a somewhat easy way to do this would be to take the source for a AG generated page and modify the content to match what you want so that it matches stylistically. A page with just links to pages and file downloads (and a link to the login page) should be pretty easy to do unless you have no experience in basic HTML.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-07 10:32

Adding to benzoD's reply: Or if the downloadable pictures/files are actually stored in one of the tables, then you should allow anonymous "view" access to this table from the admin area > View groups > Anonymous.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-11-20 21:19

An alternative is to create a report from the database using Reportico.. reportico.org. You can then take the xml feed of the report and make it download in either csv, xml or pdf formats. I do this for all my reports from our database. I created a separate website we call the "Dashboard" which has full reports grouped by page/topic. The leadership team just uses that to see what they need.

I did password protect that page but the users saved the password and now just click to log in and view after the first time. Easy peasy.

Let me know if you need help. I can show you one of my dashboard reports and the code behind it to help.

just email me if you need details [email protected]
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN