GDPR sign up checkbox

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
ronwill
Veteran Member

GDPR sign up checkbox

Post by ronwill » 2020-05-11 09:55

Hi,

I've been using this fix: https://bigprof.com/blog/appgini/make-i ... igning-up/ on several projects and it's worked well!

However, recently a few clients have reported that they can't change their details (by clicking on username in header) in the standard membership_profile.php - the page loads but after making changes, the 'Update Profile' does not work anymore?

This could have been the case from early on as I had not tried to make changes after using the fix.

Anyone else had this issue or are changes required somewhere that someone can advise me on?

I'm guessing that because membership_profile.php has Members custom field 4 on it and that field is used with the fix that a conflict occurs somewhere?

Help appreciatted!

P.S. I couldn't log into the bigprf/blog anymore for some reason, hence posting on here.
Ron - Gloucestershire, UK: AppGini Pro V 23.15 Rev 1484 - LOVING IT!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages
Bizzworxx: AppGiniHelper + Inline Detail View
Alejandro Landini: To-Do List + MPI + TV Field Editor
Other: Udemy Course

ronwill
Veteran Member

Re: GDPR sign up checkbox

Post by ronwill » 2020-05-11 13:25

Update:

Found the issue, has nothing to do with my initial thoughts, after a lot of checking the issue was cause by an update I made some time back in:
lightbox/prototype.js that I've applied over several projects - mod was for stopping tabs disappearing (another topic)
modes were:

Code: Select all

var isBootstrapEvent = false;
if (window.jQuery) {  
   });
  jQuery('*').on('hide.bs.tab', function( event ) {
    isBootstrapEvent = true;
  });
  jQuery('*').on('hide.bs.pill', function( event ) {
    isBootstrapEvent = true;
  });
}
and

Code: Select all

function hide(element) {
    if (isBootstrapEvent) {
      isBootstrapEvent = false;
      return;
    }
After removing these mods to lightbox/prototype.js the standard membership_profile.php functions as expected and can be updated.

I have no idea why and am left with choice of either using tabs with the mod or allowing changes to profile/password but not both!
Plugins: Mass Update + Search Page Maker + Summary Reports + Calendar + Messages

ronwill
Veteran Member

Re: GDPR sign up checkbox

Post by ronwill » 2020-05-11 14:25

Discovered in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1922

That further mods were required to lightbox/prototype.js

Implemented the mods and now all is working again (editing profile + tabs not disappearing)
Thought I'd clarify/update in case anyone else has this issue.
Cheers, Ron