access select value with jQuery

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
wsiconcrete

access select value with jQuery

Post by wsiconcrete » 2020-04-19 08:34

Posting this to jQuery specific forums as well, but thought I would try here since I am not sure if this is specific to the way AG handles the select inputs. At any rate, trying to get a select value and use it in a .each function. If I use the following code I get the correct value and send it to my ajax script.

Code: Select all

$j('#tax_code-container').on('change',function(){
var taxid=$(this).value;
However, when I tried changing this function (below) to catch changes on multiple inputs, I am no longer able to get the value of the select. Console tells me "Cannot read property 'val' of null". I can't understand why it finds the element/value when using $(this) and not when using the direct id of the element. All of the jQuery documentation and examples I can find say this should work.

$j.each(orderFields, function(index, value) {
	$j(value).on('change',function(){
	var taxid=$('#tax_code-container').val();
Tried taking out the each function and just running alone but get same error, so the each function is not the cause.

Again, I know this may not be specific to AppGini but if anyone has any ideas I will be most grateful! Or you can tell me to go study some more :P

Brandon

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: access select value with jQuery

Post by pbottcher » 2020-04-19 09:23

Hi,

can you change

var taxid=$('#tax_code-container').val();
to

var taxid=$j('#tax_code-container').val();
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

wsiconcrete

Re: access select value with jQuery

Post by wsiconcrete » 2020-04-19 09:50

well that makes me feel like a fool! I know I tried that but must have been missing something else. That part works now. Thanks for your reply!