all users unable to login

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
artemisia
Veteran Member

all users unable to login

Post by artemisia » 2019-12-27 19:46

While working on upgrade (AG 5.3 => 5.81) I found that no existing users can login, including admin. No errors displayed, no entry in error_log.

I can however submit a new user and login that way. Was able to make that new user admin, so have permissions and access to Admin area.

But I have no idea what it is about the user tables or Appgini code that is preventing existing users from logging in.

Any suggestions of how I can fix this problem? mysql 5.7 php 7

thanks, Bob

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: all users unable to login

Post by onoehring » 2020-01-01 16:00

Hi Bob,

just a guess (I started at 5.75): Maybe the structure of the table membership_users has changed since then? Use a tool like phpmyadmin or adminer to check if all users have the "approved" flag and none of the users has the "ban" flag. ... Especially the admin user ;-)

Olaf

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2020-01-01 16:47

Hi Bob,

if I got it right, login works for new users but not for existing users. So the integrity of membership table should not be the problem.

As far as I remember there was a change in 5.73 related to a more secure password encryption.

You could try to reset a password for one of the non-working users using the "Password Reset Page" (in login-page: forgot password option).
Then, with a new password, check again.

If this user can login with a new password, you will have to reset all users' passwords - which on the one hand side is annoying, on the other hand side more secure than before (and only required once).

Hope this helps,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

artemisia
Veteran Member

Post by artemisia » 2020-01-01 20:43

Jan, that was the problem, thanks for the explanation. I have about 40 users but it won't take too long to reset for them.