dual field lookup from links

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
jnewtcomp

dual field lookup from links

Post by jnewtcomp » 2019-08-01 00:01

Hello

I have two fields under consumables that are look up fields from inventory. Both fields cross reference each other. One is a bar-code ITEM field, one is a manufacturing part number field. How can I lookup MFG P/N field or bar-code field and auto fill one or the other from lookup?

Thank you in advance.

jnewtcomp

Re: dual field lookup from links

Post by jnewtcomp » 2019-08-03 13:46

I have two fields i need to populate based on the information placed in one of the two fields.

Consumable_Tools
Item:
MFG_Part_Number:

Both fields are important and need to be cross referable. If I scan a bar code one of two numbers comes up. Item number is often a bar code number and not the part number. The part number is how everyone orders the tools. If i have only the part number and not the item number how do i populate the item number. Hope this makes my question a little more understandable.

there is only one item number per part number and only one MFG_Part_Number per item number.

Thank you!!!!

Jim

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2019-08-03 14:57

1) On save you can use TABLENAME_before_insert() function in hooks/TABLENAME.php to get the other value from database and fill $data

2) if you want to read the other value immediately after barcode scan or input, you can use $j.ajax(...) in TABLENAME-dv.js to call a server side php script. Pass the existing value from $j("fieldname1").val() to the server script, in php get missing value from DB, return both values as JSON back to client and put the values into your input fields using $j("#Fieldname1").val(data.value1); for example.

Regards,
Jan
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

jnewtcomp

Post by jnewtcomp » 2019-08-05 20:17

Thank you for the reply, I would love to say i know what your talking about but that would be a lie. I am learning the hard way by failing over and over. Is there any way to break that down to laymen's terms? I build these computers and support them not program them. :) thank you for all your help