More admin features

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

More admin features

Post by shasta59 » 2015-02-23 18:53

I am using 5.31 of AppGini (if you put this in it makes it easier to answer questions due to some differences between versions)

I have added to one of my online apps generated by AppGini the following to the admin page to allow greater flexibility. It is in alpha right now but I will post the code when I have it working 100%.

In the admin section I have setup options for the following:

Default sort field by table (table is listed, all fields are listed, and you click beside the field and ascending or descending sort)
Table icon - change it easily - pick from list which is shown on the page
Table Title - change it here also - (why - well because I could - grin)
Allow filters
Allow Saving of Filters
Allow Sorting
Allow CSV
Allow Printing
Separate DV
Records per page
Highlight colour
etc

Basically most of the options as found in the tablename_view.php file. I do not do it for all the tables. Just ones where I had gotten requests such as "I wish we could ...."
This way I do not have to revise a php file to get the same effect. Also can try different options easier. From within the app rather than opening a file, changing it, saving it etc.
Upon a user logging in I have set the system to load the settings from a table which holds these values and then sets them.

Yes, I know, I have what appears to be too much time on my hands. This is actually a fairly simple revision for anyone to do. Maybe it may even make it into a future version.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

Ionut Bocanet

Re: More admin features

Post by Ionut Bocanet » 2019-10-21 08:42

Hello Sir,
Did you finalized this? Would be very helpful also for me to have this options.
Best Regards,
Ionut Bocanet