Admin page customization

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Admin page customization

Post by shasta59 » 2015-01-15 20:40

I am currently adding to the admin area of AppGini the following features: (saves changing in hooks file)
  • • Way to specify by user/group who does not get affected by the timeout timer I have added to the generated application. (Default is everyone gets timed out)
    • A field to set how long the log out timer is set for.
    • number of days/hours/minutes before a record cannot be modified by user - set by table
    • Method to set who can modify locked records by group (in other words picking who can change a locked record)
    • ability for admin to set, by checkbox, which fields show up in tableview. Allows on the fly changes without regenerating the app or modifying the tablename_view.php file
    • in admin a way to change text under the buttons (to go to a table) without having to change the incCommon file
    • Ability to specify the default sort order on a table by table basis in the admin area so you do not have to regenerate the app or modify code
    • an auto email reminder to users who, for example, register for a conference. Reminding them of it every X days ahead. Set it to start 90 days ahead, as an example, and then you put in how many days to wait before reminding again. Say every 15, 20 etc days. This is controlled by reading a setting on the page asking if they want reminders sent.
And in the user area:
  • • setting for number of records per page. This will actually show up in the user preferences so they can set it.
    • Override for the default sort order if the individual wants it a different way than the preset or admin set order.
Most of the above is from users of apps I have generated.

I will post some of them as I get them tested and insure they are 100% working. From now on I will only be posting once the code is fully and 100% tested.

But you never know, maybe some of these could show up in the next version of AppGini. ;)

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

jump3r34

Re: Admin page customization

Post by jump3r34 » 2015-02-04 13:09

Please keep us posted.

I was going to look into trying to get a "subgroup" of a "group" in members area. I have clients that are admin/managers over other so they need to segregate different branch stores and still be able to see and query the global as well as regional statistics.

So, it is along the same lines of Admin customization, please let me know how yours comes along.

Thanks

pdweinberg

Post by pdweinberg » 2015-02-09 18:53

Is there any way to give an inexperienced user a very 'quick and dirty' view of the Admin section, so he can simply add new users? As it stands the Admin section is quite complex.

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by shasta59 » 2015-02-09 19:04

Once you get used to the admin section I think you will find it is not hard to use. It just takes a bit of practice by using it. You could rewrite the admin section code and minimize it down with a sub admin section but the effort would not be worth it IMHO.

Also what version are you using of AppGini?

Thanks

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -