Signon with Facebook Mod from Uday

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Signon with Facebook Mod from Uday

Post by KSan » 2014-07-04 03:50

Great new mod by Uday. Simple to implement. Only one AppGini file to replace, one new php file to add, some Facebook configuration to create and you're all set! I used the AppGini Address Book demo app to setup a live FB integrated site. Open for all to try. Give it a go at http://appynerdz.com/contactsdemo/

For the purposes of this demo, people signing on from Facebook get placed in a view-only group called facebook but obviously you can create your group and permissions as needed for your application. Very versatile.

Ask if you have any questions. Some teaser shots follow...

4thstar

Re: Signon with Facebook Mod from Uday

Post by 4thstar » 2014-07-24 21:26

Hello KSan.

This looks interesting, how would we go about getting hold of the instructions on how to do this? :)
Or are we looking at a paid module we can add on?

Kind Regards
Carl

TheCodeRed

Post by TheCodeRed » 2014-07-25 21:41

I too am actually in the process of making a facebook login mod. Udays is probably better and already out. Mine was going to be open-source (Free) and still will be. Ahmed does a great job making this software and keeping it valid and up to date and useful. Any help we can source to him for free helps everybody who pays for the software in the future.

But for something with some more technical support, a maid module is the way to go. I am also interested Uday. How to we go about doing it/buying it if it is (licensed)?

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2014-07-26 01:52

All you have to do is write to Uday. You can license the mod from him for $15 (I believe thats what he priced it at. Might be wrong).

We just finished testing the various ways admin settings & group settings can affect a new user signup and how these affect the logins from Facebook. He completed the improvements so that a new user logging in from Facebook now gets treated just the same as a new user registering using the regular user registration page. The mod is super and IMHO it is worth the $15 Uday is asking for it.

Of course it would be great to have Ahmad magically offer every feature we may ever need included in his base price but given that this is not realistic at all, I think it is a great option to work with a developer like Uday to get key functionality we need sooner than later.

Enjoy.