Dropdown Filter only own data? How.

The recommended method of customizing your AppGini-generated application is through hooks. But sometimes you might need to add functionality not accessible through hooks. You can discuss this here.
preditor

Dropdown Filter only own data? How.

Post by preditor » 2014-03-17 12:54

Hi There. Can someone help me with this? I need to get help on this query. A want to show only owned data form a dropdown box. Now it shows all record from every user in it but i need to let is show only the data to the user how insert the data.

This is the Advaced lookup option box:

Code: Select all

SELECT `mc_werknemers`.`ID`, `mc_werknemers`.`mc_naam` FROM `mc_werknemers` LEFT JOIN `config_veld_functie` as config_veld_functie1 ON `config_veld_functie1`.`ID`=`mc_werknemers`.`mc_functie` LEFT JOIN `config_veld_contract` as config_veld_contract1 ON `config_veld_contract1`.`ID`=`mc_werknemers`.`mc_contract` ORDER BY 2
All the data from the name field is shown, but i'm logged is as a "username" and it show all data in the drupbox form alle users. Now i did try this like the coding here :

Code: Select all

SELECT `mc_werknemers`.`ID`, `mc_werknemers`.`mc_naam` FROM `mc_werknemers` LEFT JOIN `config_veld_functie` as config_veld_functie1 ON `config_veld_functie1`.`ID`=`mc_werknemers`.`mc_functie` LEFT JOIN `config_veld_contract` as config_veld_contract1 ON `config_veld_contract1`.`ID`=`mc_werknemers`.`mc_contract` WHERE `membership_users`.`memberID`=`mc_werknemers`.`mc_ingevoerd_door` ORDER BY 2
Please advice!
THanks you

preditor

Re: Dropdown Filter only own data? How.

Post by preditor » 2014-03-18 15:56

Please advice!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-03-18 20:03

Hmm .. you don't need to write a customized query for this purpose. You should check the option "Inherit access permissions". This will limit the contents of the dropdown to only the items the current user can access.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

preditor

Post by preditor » 2014-03-19 11:46

Thank you I try this out. Thanks again. :D