possible to reformat value referenced from parent table?

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
artemisia
Veteran Member

possible to reformat value referenced from parent table?

Post by artemisia » 2013-12-10 15:07

I have several foreign-key fields in my table, whose display values are generated on the fly as appgini builds the page. I would like to conditionally change the formatting of the field values (e.g. "Closed" in bold red, "Open" in default format) but the standard method in the tablename_INIT() function (inside tablename.php) won't work since the child table db values are NULL (being stored by reference in the parent table instead).

Question: Is there another php (or other type) of file in which I can insert a formatting statement (css, javascript, or ??) that will update the formatting of this field's contents after the page is rendered?

Thanks,
~Bob

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: possible to reformat value referenced from parent table?

Post by a.gneady » 2014-01-02 19:14

I'll try to write a tutorial soon on formatting fields based on their values.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.