AppGini 22.12 - Extra field on SignUp form

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
Moh Youba
Veteran Member

AppGini 22.12 - Extra field on SignUp form

Post by Moh Youba » 2022-04-17 12:57

Hi guys

is it possible to add more field to SignUp form?
For eample adding phone number, date for birth etc?
signUp.png
signUp.png (75.78 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Thank you

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: AppGini 22.12 - Extra field on SignUp form

Post by jsetzer » 2022-04-17 14:09

Not by default.

I a couple of projects in the past I have created a corresponding profiles table having all additional columns, also user-image etc.. This approach is very flexible. You can even modify the user interface to your needs or add more fields over time.

It will not add any extra fields to signup form, but you can force users to fill required fields AFTER signup by redirecting them to their personal profiles detail view until all required fields have been filled.

It is important that there is only one profile record per member.

And it is important that only owner can see and edit his/her own record.

After login I create that new record by code, if not already exists. There is a hook function in __global.php for that event.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

composer

Re: AppGini 22.12 - Extra field on SignUp form

Post by composer » 2023-11-30 12:50

This is a terrible way to do this. For example, the signup form is missing ZIPCODE - which is logical with CITY, STATE, etc. I am very surprised that Appgini does not have a form editor for this? In fact, I need to add ZIPCODE to the signup form per my client's request. How do I do this?