Work: Scripting for multiple loading of documents - Lavoro: Creazione script per caricamento multiplo dei documenti

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
facos79
Veteran Member

Work: Scripting for multiple loading of documents - Lavoro: Creazione script per caricamento multiplo dei documenti

Post by facos79 » 2021-04-14 13:20

good morning,
I would need a freelancer or a person who can make me a script for apps that allows me to upload multiple documents at the same time. Documents must be .doc, .xls, zip, pdf, jpg, png etc.
The script should work using hooks and I should be able to use it in different applications and on different appgini versions (at least the last 3)
Can someone help me and can you possibly get me a quote for the cost of construction?

------ in Italiano -----

buongiorno,
avrei bisogno di un freelancer o di una persona che mi possa realizzare a pagamento uno script per appgini che permetta di caricare più documenti contemporaneamente. I documenti devono essere .doc, .xls, zip, pdf, jpg, png etc.
Lo script dovrebbe funzionare utilizzando i ganci e dovrei poterlo utilizzare in diverse applicazioni e sulle diverse versioni di appgini (almeno le ultime 3)
Qualcuno mi può aiutare e mi può far avere eventualmente una quotazione per la spesa di realizzazione?

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Work: Scripting for multiple loading of documents - Lavoro: Creazione script per caricamento multiplo dei documenti

Post by onoehring » 2021-04-17 11:02

Hi,

you may want to check these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2929&hilit=upload+m ... 9d2b1f4917
and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3975&hilit=upload+multiple . D Oliveira has posted a link that you might find useful. Please also check Jans comments about many files in a single directory.

I understood your request is to find someone who can program this behavior for you. Jan has done it before (see 1st thread I linked to), but as far as I understood, this took a lot of time and is not ready for "public use". So, maybe you should rethink your need and take a chance in developing the AppGini application yourself which simply enables uploading one file after another. Not as comfortable but uploading files can be done in a very easy way in AG.
If your problem is how to attach more than one file to one record, you should look into relational databases: You will need a new table to attach more than one file to one record (in a way that makes sense and is future save). Your initial request, uploading multiple files at once, is not different at all: You will need a database structure to hold information about which files have been uploaded for which record, this makes uploading multiple files at once a - more or less - simple task by using some other frameworks (or/like ajax).

And no, I have not realized uploading multiple files at once - but in my application the users can upload an unlimited amount of files ... one by one - which makes sens for my applications, as every file has individual field values that need to be filled as well.

Maybe these ideas will help to pursue your goal. Keep your goal in mind first - uploading multiple at once is a nice to have ... from my point of view anyways.

Olaf