Blending multiple tables to print one report.

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
utony
Veteran Member

Blending multiple tables to print one report.

Post by utony » 2020-12-29 17:13

Hello all...

Anyone know how and "need code example" of taking several tables and making one nice clean printed report. I have a master table and 8 child tables connected. I want to click print from the master table and a full report be generated with all the child records. I am assuming there should be a echo child tables needed, but I am not sure how to do this without screwing things up. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Cheers!

Tony

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Blending multiple tables to print one report.

Post by pbottcher » 2020-12-29 21:33

Hi,

can you make a screenshot sample of what you try to achieve.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2021-01-03 10:05

Hi utony,

from experience with MS Access - which has imho a good report editor - creating a nice, clean report with 8 subtables will be tricky :-)
Take pbötchers suggestion and visualize (=make a drawing) of what you want to accomplish. Maybe then, when you show us your drawing we can come up with some idea for nice & clean.

Olaf

utony
Veteran Member

Post by utony » 2021-01-08 05:07

How about a way to to print the patent table--dvp and all child related tables-dvp to a pdf output?????

Can you help there

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2021-01-08 08:28

Hi,

should probably work (especially Chrome can directly save as PDF) - but depending on your 8 subtables the 'nice and clean' could be a problem.
Why not just try?

Olaf