Date changed automatically based on another field

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
Ionut Bocanet

Date changed automatically based on another field

Post by Ionut Bocanet » 2020-11-24 12:40

Hello to everybody,

I have a request, if someone can help me.

I have a form for tasks. I would want to know if someone can direct me to the correct path to solve something.

I have a table "Task_List" with records with a 'Due Date' & 'Priority'

Are times when I want the 'Due Date' to be changed automatically based on "Priority' field

======

Example: all tasks with priority (0) DE-HOT and (1) High the Due Date to remain frozen.

But the other tasks with priority " (2) Normal, (3) Low , (4) Opportunities " , the Due Date to change when i open the table to a specific date in the future; example 'Today + 5 days'

Why I want this: A lot of Low priority tasks are not completed in time( up to the Due Date), and becomes overdue.

But the low priority are not critical so i want the Due Date to be changed every time to ' Now() + 5 days ' , until is started or closed or priority is changed.

I hope i explained myself.

Any idea or recommendations is very useful.

Thank you
Best Regards,
Ionut Bocanet

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Date changed automatically based on another field

Post by pbottcher » 2020-11-26 22:36

Hi,
just a thought.

Why dont you let the duedate empty for the 2,3,and 4 tasks instead of changing the date each time. Once the task is started you set a duedate for those.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.