Microsoft drops php support

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
ndoddi

Microsoft drops php support

Post by ndoddi » 2020-07-12 20:06

Hi Ahmed, @a.gneady

Microsoft announced very sad news that they are going to stop PHP support soon, as given in below post. Please let us know, your suggetions for below questions.

1. Development: How can we use Appgini in windows after microsoft STOP support. Do we need to switch to Linux to run Appgini for development? or is there any alternate windows solution available?
2. Execution: If we use Linux & XAMPP for Appgini projects development, can we run those projects in windows browser (IE or Chrome) after microsoft stop support?

https://betanews.com/2020/07/11/microso ... p-support/

Thanks
ndoddi

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Re: Microsoft drops php support

Post by baudwalker » 2020-07-13 11:33

PHP is server side, as long as your code is not hosted on a windows server you should be OK. Just like is used to be.

ndoddi

Post by ndoddi » 2020-07-13 12:16

Thanks for the answer, @baudwalker

As of now I am using Windows+Xampp+Appgini for development of my project.

It looks now I need to switch to Linux+Xampp+Appgiini for development and hosting need to be done on Linux servers.
However, I want to run/execute my projects in Windows, Linux, Andriod, iOS and Mac browsers. Hope this will work normally.

Thanks,
ndoddi

baudwalker
Veteran Member

Post by baudwalker » 2020-07-13 23:43

Hi,
I stand to be corrected, but I believe that Xampp has all the necessary components to use PHP. Its just that Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager will no longer support PHP.

Barry