Directory Files Exposed after Uploading project files to cPanel

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
jrcervantest
Veteran Member

Directory Files Exposed after Uploading project files to cPanel

Post by jrcervantest » 2020-06-24 03:08

I uploaded my project files to the public_html folder in the cPANEL file Manager. As soon as i click on the domain url it displays the file directory folder instead of the AppGini project. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thank you.

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Directory Files Exposed after Uploading project files to cPanel

Post by onoehring » 2020-06-26 08:05

Hi,

I do not know about the cPanel system. But: Make sure, all files have been transferred correctly. There should be the index.php in the main (root) directory.

For security reasons you should (and probably can) disable directory listing on your server. This should prevent showing any directory structure. (Search: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cpanel+disabl ... ry+listing )

Olaf

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Post by pfrumkin » 2020-06-26 12:53

Yep, sounds more about how the website is configured. Like Olaf said disable the directory browsing, and you should be able to make the default document index.php. I too have no experience with cPanel.

Good luck.

~Paul

jrcervantest
Veteran Member

Post by jrcervantest » 2020-06-26 13:51

Thank you all very much for your inputs and references. Your absolutely correct. Also, at the end I discovered that the server speed contributed to the errors during file upload. It was a shared hosting service that absolutely lagged, causing disruptions in file transfer and so on. I ultimately switched hosting providers and everything is working well now. Thank you again for your support.

V/r,