Select record viewing

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
atilladenis

Select record viewing

Post by atilladenis » 2016-04-11 16:26

Hi all,

I have started a new project today using Appgini 5.5 and have ran in to a problem which I haven't seen a solution to on the board. Wondering if anybody can help.

The scenario is as follows;

Its a revenue management system used by multiple companies and agents of these companies.

So lets say Company A & Company B are competing companies using the system. Obviously we don't want them seeing each others data so normally I would set the GROUP (Company) permission to only be able to view,edit etc. it's own group.

That's great it works but then Company C comes along who is a service provider who is collecting revenue for say Company A & B.
Again Company C is set up as a group and only has permission to see/edit it's own group.

So now for example Company A also needs to see records relating to itself from Company C (but not the records relating to Company B).

My solution reasoning so far;

When writing a record a Company needs to be assigned to the record. for A & B this would ideally be Automatically assigned but Company C would get a drop down menu with the companies that it had contracts with only (in this example A & B).

The permissions for the above would be controlled by the DATABASE ADMIN only, not the companies.

So I have no clue how the above would work but then following on from this;

Again the DATABASE ADMIN would be able to grant access for say Company A to see Company C records but only ones that had their above variable set to Company C.

This is as far as I got. Hope that I have been somewhat clear. If anybody has any ideas that would be great! And thanks a lot for reading!

dlee
Veteran Member

Re: Select record viewing

Post by dlee » 2020-04-18 15:42

Did you ever solve this? I am wanting to do the same thing in my app.

TD

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Select record viewing

Post by pbottcher » 2020-04-18 15:55

Hi,

maybe this can be helpful.

viewtopic.php?t=2811
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.