update the parent table

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
tuxor
Veteran Member

update the parent table

Post by tuxor » 2016-03-12 19:54

Hi, I would like to know hot to update the parent table when insert, update or delete a record in the children table. Then, the capability to mass delete in the children table.
Attachments
parent children functions.png
parent children functions.png (47.26 KiB) Viewed 4251 times

shasta59
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: update the parent table

Post by shasta59 » 2016-03-29 20:09

Tuxor

It appears to me, with the many questions you are asking, it may be worth taking an online mysql and php course. There are many good ones out there and they will help you learn php/mysql so you can code these yourself.

AppGini is a great app for quick development of the basic front end. Features require some programming knowledge to implement to your satisfaction. The time you would spend in the course(s) would be more than paid back with the ability to design as you wish. I also suggest a css/html course to learn how to revise the basic look and feel of the application you generate with AppGini.

Alan
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Using Appgini 5.50 -

tuxor
Veteran Member

Re: update the parent table

Post by tuxor » 2016-03-29 20:15

Hi, I've checked a course of PHP and MySQL. I can update the value in the db, but I want to show the new value without click in save changes in the parent table. Just insert new record in children table and show the new value updated in the db of parent table.