Time Tracking

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
fdaghmash

Time Tracking

Post by fdaghmash » 2014-11-23 10:32

Hello Everyone and thanks for the great application. I wonder if anyone can help me with this special customization as I am trying to code php for first time and I've not programmed for years now.

I want some of my form fields to track process time based on a status filed:

- When the record is created, the status is "released" and a timer record that time
- When the employee start processing, he will change status to "InProcess" and that time recorded in another variable
- When he done, he change to "ready for QC" and timer recorded.
and so for QC process and until order is "Done". Also I am thinking to have "Hold" status to consider hold time

At the end and all what I am concerned with is to get these calculated fields :

Idle time= InProcess - Released
Process Time = Ready to QC - InProcess -(Hold start/Stop)
QC Idle .....

I hope I could explain this well and if you need more details please let me know.... your help is appreciated.

I also assume these should be added in the table-update function, please let me know if that is not the case.

Regards,
Firas

udayvatturi
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Time Tracking

Post by udayvatturi » 2014-11-23 17:20

Hi Firas,
You can do all your things done just by modifying hooks.
(But if you wanna hold, you might need some more fields where it stores hold start and stop time)

Besides the hold other things can be easily done just by using hooks.

I may not give the exact code as i don't know the correct field names and table names.
So here is the process i would approach.
1. Update the fields (time fields for holding the status start time)
2. You can use before/after update functions to make calculate difference and update other fields