How to link "users" to record users

Discussions related to customizing hooks. Hooks are documented at http://bigprof.com/appgini/help/advanced-topics/hooks/
nmartin1182

How to link "users" to record users

Post by nmartin1182 » 2014-05-30 03:04

Greetings Guys,

I was told that possibly thru hooks I could achieve what I am working on. I am new to the whole program and not a coder by any means but have my database down to the last little "hard coding" that AppGini cant do.

I am looking to take the registered "user" and tie them into an employee record that echos their company information in place of it. I created a table called "security_officers" and inside it I have multiple fields however I am only wanting to echo in place of the registered "user" the: "officers_name" and "badge_number". I will have it echo in the other tables as a lookup field or so I had planned out. A friend that turned me on to this program mentioned I might be able to do this if I added a field in the "security_officers" table called "username" and put in the registered "users logon" in that field.

Please help, maybe there is any easier way to do this?

Thank You!

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: How to link "users" to record users

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 16:23

Where are the "officers_name" and "badge_number" stored?
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

nmartin1182

Post by nmartin1182 » 2014-06-07 17:41

In the security officers table.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-07 20:07

Okay ... so, if I understand correctly, each officer would have a username that he can use to access the application. So you want to link each record in the officers table to a user, in a one-to-one relationship, right?
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

nmartin1182

Post by nmartin1182 » 2014-06-07 20:41

Yes so user submissions cant be altered.
ie:
user: jd135
badge: 100
name: john davis
reported as: john davis - 100 on records.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2014-06-09 05:01

Hmm ... you could add a field for storing the username in AppGini, and set its default to the "Created by username" automatic value and also set it as unique ... this will effectively limit each user to a single record in the officers table.