delete multiple records on grid view

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pofa2007

delete multiple records on grid view

Post by pofa2007 » 2013-01-09 22:23

hello,

is it possible to select multiple records on grid view and delete them ?

ist it possible to select multiple records on grid view and apply an hook ?

for example : I want to apply a filter, select some records and send them by email executing an hook

thanks and regards

a.gneady
Site Admin

Re: delete multiple records on grid view

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-10 22:28

Unfortunately not. Mass delete/edit is not yet implemented, though I plan to do so in a future release.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by KSan » 2013-01-11 05:02

a.gneady wrote:Unfortunately not. Mass delete/edit is not yet implemented, though I plan to do so in a future release.
Ahmad, may I suggest this thread then gets moved to the Feature Suggestions sub-forum? This way it can act as a reminder going forward and you can see other people (like me) chiming in with support for this feature request! Thanks

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-01-11 17:25

This is something that I would like to see in the future as well, it would be perfect. Especially the ability to execute a hook for selected entries, would be perfect for my database. :)
Stephen Foulds

Admin, Sysnative Forums -- Sysnative Forums

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-01-11 22:30

KSan wrote:Ahmad, may I suggest this thread then gets moved to the Feature Suggestions sub-forum? This way it can act as a reminder going forward and you can see other people (like me) chiming in with support for this feature request! Thanks
Done!
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-01-30 18:14

I have been working more on my database and as I said before, this would be fantastic and is the only feature really missing from AppGini.

For my DB, I need the ability to quickly select entries and then move them to another database table created in AppGini. This is very hard to do at the moment and something that would be fantastic to have. Ahmad, is this planned for a future version? Because I will be very happy if it is!! :D
Stephen Foulds

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2013-02-01 16:00

Tekno Venus wrote:For my DB, I need the ability to quickly select entries and then move them to another database table created in AppGini. This is very hard to do at the moment and something that would be fantastic to have. Ahmad, is this planned for a future version? Because I will be very happy if it is!! :D
Well ... such feature would of course require that you have similar table structures in order to move a record from one table to another ... I don't think I'd directly add support for this scenario but when I implement the multiple selection of records, I'll try to provide hooks for implementing custom actions on selected records ... you could then add an action for moving them to another table, or any other mass action that suits your requirements.

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-02-10 13:45

a.gneady wrote:
Tekno Venus wrote:For my DB, I need the ability to quickly select entries and then move them to another database table created in AppGini. This is very hard to do at the moment and something that would be fantastic to have. Ahmad, is this planned for a future version? Because I will be very happy if it is!! :D
Well ... such feature would of course require that you have similar table structures in order to move a record from one table to another ... I don't think I'd directly add support for this scenario but when I implement the multiple selection of records, I'll try to provide hooks for implementing custom actions on selected records ... you could then add an action for moving them to another table, or any other mass action that suits your requirements.
In my scenario, yes the table is identical in one and the other. The way I would probably do it would be to get the IDs from the selected items and then run a MySQL query to move them from one table to another.

Thanks Ahmad,
Stephen
Stephen Foulds

Tekno Venus
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by Tekno Venus » 2013-04-30 17:03

I would like to bump this up again. I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but this is my most wanted feature in the new version of AppGini. It would make life a lot easier and is the key feature missing in my honest opinion.

However, there is no rush for it Ahmad!

Kind regards,
Stephen
Stephen Foulds

MsMetaP

Post by MsMetaP » 2013-05-13 21:53

I would also very much like too see this feature.

toconnell
Veteran Member

Post by toconnell » 2013-06-05 20:23

Me too.. would be nice for next year's bus routes. :)
Tina O'Connell
Web Dev & Appgini FAN