Filtering a Table Before Displaying it

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
Johnk
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Filtering a Table Before Displaying it

Post by Johnk » 2013-02-09 17:01

My Membership database has two identical tables drawing from the same data.
One table shows all members. Some members may be have been deceased or inactive for a long time.
The second table will contain active members and this will be determined by the date they've paid to. (30/06/12)

For most of the year we will only want to deal with active members.

I want my Active members table to automatically show active records only. I do not want my users to enter a filter each time they wish to use the table. If that were the case, I could get them to use a single table and filter it, but mistakes would be made.

AppGini asks if you wish to set a filter before the table is displayed, but it would be great to be able to set a filter during production. For example, Default Sort By could be suplimented with Default Filter. I see many, many uses for this feature.

In the meantime, how do I implement it? Can I use a hook and how?

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Filtering a Table Before Displaying it

Post by KSan » 2013-02-13 17:36

I would love to see this feature implemented. I thought there was a way to save a filter and set the table to load with that filter each time it's loaded but can't seem to get it going now. If there is a workaround for now I too would love to hear about it.

KSan
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Filtering a Table Before Displaying it

Post by KSan » 2013-04-14 22:11

I'm hitting my head against this issue again. Need to present a table sorted on a separate Date and Time field...