Lookup Table Filter

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
richard

Lookup Table Filter

Post by richard » 2023-03-22 13:47

It would be nice to filter the lookup table drop down and limit the list to only a group or user.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Lookup Table Filter

Post by jsetzer » 2023-03-22 14:45

(+1)

It would be even more flexible to have a PHP-hook for lookups which would allow us to return any array of { id, text }-entries with completely free options for sorting, filtering etc..

Having this, we could even fetch any items from remote web API's or any other local or remote data provider, as long as the returned id's match up with the parent lookup table's primary keys.

Additionally, such a feature would allow us to freely populate option lists by code (which are now modeled like A;;B;;C or populated through .csv file).
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2023-03-25 19:32

richard wrote:
2023-03-22 13:47
It would be nice to filter the lookup table drop down and limit the list to only a group or user.
To make sure I understand your request, lookup fields currently allow you to filter contents by editing the SQL query (by clicking the advanced button under the lookup field tab in AppGini). Also, you can limit lookup contents to only the items accessible to the current user by checking the option 'Inherit access permissions'. So, is your suggestion describing a different case not covered by those two options?
jsetzer wrote:
2023-03-22 14:45
It would be even more flexible to have a PHP-hook for lookups which would allow us to return any array of { id, text }-entries with completely free options for sorting, filtering etc..
Thanks for this suggestion Jan. Makes a lot of sense. I added it to my backlog now.
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by D Oliveira » 2023-03-25 20:02

is there a way to include memberID in a custom query through appgini directly(advanced feature)? WHERE membership_users.memberID = self.ID ?
a.gneady wrote:
2023-03-25 19:32
richard wrote:
2023-03-22 13:47
To make sure I understand your request, lookup fields currently allow you to filter contents by editing the SQL query (by clicking the advanced button under the lookup field tab in AppGini). Also, you can limit lookup contents to only the items accessible to the current user by checking the option 'Inherit access permissions'. So, is your suggestion describing a different case not covered by those two options?
jsetzer wrote:
2023-03-22 14:45
Thanks for this suggestion Jan. Makes a lot of sense. I added it to my backlog now.

jsetzer
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by jsetzer » 2023-03-25 20:13

I've never seen such a replacement in the code which evaluates custom queries. So, I'm afraid there isn't.
Kind regards,
<js />

My AppGini Blog:
https://appgini.bizzworxx.de/blog

You can help us helping you:
Please always put code fragments inside [code]...[/code] blocks for better readability

AppGini 24.10 Revision 1579 + all AppGini Helper tools

richard

Post by richard » 2023-03-26 14:02

I do understand about

Code: Select all

and will do.  I will give these answers a shot.  I did realize it would be better in my case to limit the list to group and not individual but I will give it a try. Thanks so much

fdissait

Post by fdissait » 2024-01-31 11:23

Hello AppGini team.
About working on lookup table filter, is it possible to set in programming options of the filter, the facility to automatically <Enter> when the list contains ONE data.
Doing so we economize a mouse click
I try to obtain that on a lookup field entered by barcode reading ... tried various options, no way.
See picture joined

François
Attachments
Capture d'écran 2024-01-16 202911.jpg
ONE data, no need to click or enter ....
Capture d'écran 2024-01-16 202911.jpg (45.04 KiB) Viewed 607 times