Multi select dropdown

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
mqley
Veteran Member

Multi select dropdown

Post by mqley » 2023-01-07 19:56

Hi, I've been looking for a 'Multi select dropdown' option to use data from another table. Only from one table.

Is there a solution for this as yet?

I've seen it can be manually added from the 'Option List' but I do require it dynamic from another table > field. Please let me know if possible or via a paid plugin?

Regards,
Best Wishes,

Mark

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Multi select dropdown

Post by pbottcher » 2023-01-07 20:28

Hi,

maybe this helps you as a starting point.

https://bigprof.com/blog/appgini/a-work ... gini-apps/
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

mqley
Veteran Member

Post by mqley » 2023-01-07 21:50

Hi, thanks I had seen that. I'm not sure how this can help though. For example, let's say I have a field in a table called 'Items' and I can add new 'items' from Appgini, then in another table I link the 'Items' into a select field. It will only let me select one 'Item' - rather than multiple. So are we talking the same thing here. Thanks.
Best Wishes,

Mark

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by pbottcher » 2023-01-08 15:08

Well, where is your problem?

You use your 'items' from your second table and populate the "firsttable.multiselectfield.csv" file on insert/update/delete from your second table. The tags table in the blog is your second table and the tag field is your items field.

In your first table your create the multiselectfield not as lookup field, but as option list.

If you add to code to an existing installation you should either update an existing record in the second table, or create the "firsttable.multiselectfield.csv" manually with all options.

As written in the Blog there is some addtional work to do in order to keep data consistend.
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.