Custom header above the actual header

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
agerhardt

Custom header above the actual header

Post by agerhardt » 2022-04-06 09:05

Hello AppGini Team,

I will appreciate if it will be possible to insert a custom header ABOVE the actual Header.
My idea is a solution like the /hooks/header-extras.php, where I can insert a Logo AND some Links to additional pages.
With such a solution all "non-programmer" can insert easy custom Logo and links to other pages.

Thank you.

Best regards, Adrian

pbottcher
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Custom header above the actual header

Post by pbottcher » 2022-04-07 20:36

Hi,

actuall to get ahead of the header will be quite some work. But why cant you just add the images / links below the header ?
Any help offered comes with the best of intentions. Use it at your own risk. In any case, please make a backup of your existing environment before applying any changes.

agerhardt

Re: Custom header above the actual header

Post by agerhardt » 2022-04-09 09:25

Hello Mr. Pöttcher,

because it is "best practice" to put some basic links in the header, above all other content, (Logo, Menu with DSVGO:-), imprint, privacy, contact, and in this case, links to the additional version in other languages). In my opinion this is a international standard.

This is my opinion and i can imagine that other people has dozen of other reasons to put an individual header on the top of the page.

I have experimented a litle with /hooks/header-extras.php and it works great. I think that something similar for the top of the page will be a great enhancement for AppGini (and for non programmers :-))

Best regards, Adrian