Download the backup locally - Scaricare il backup in locale

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
facos79
Veteran Member

Download the backup locally - Scaricare il backup in locale

Post by facos79 » 2022-03-28 15:21

Download the backup locally
Hi, Appgini lacks the ability to locally download backups of both the database and the folders.
I believe that it is important for the administrator to be able to save locally (via a download) the complete backup of everything that can be used to restore the operation of any management system.
It would be nice if there was also the option to set up an automatic timed backup

*** in italiano***

Ciao, in Appgini manca la possibilità di scaricare in locale i backup sia del database sia delle cartelle. Ritengo che sia importante per l'amministratore poter salvare in locale (tramite un download) il backup completo di tutto quanto possa servire per ripristinare il funzionamento dell'eventuale gestionale.
Sarebbe bello se ci fosse anche la possibilità di impostare un backup automatico temporizzato

hgarbe
Veteran Member

Re: Download the backup locally - Scaricare il backup in locale

Post by hgarbe » 2022-04-25 23:34

Hi,

isn't that just a case in the very rare situation where the Admin has no access to the Server itself?
Most Hosting or server setups allow automated backups or the option to have scripts running.
Timed automatic backups atleast require a server side trigger like a cron job or someone accessing the app.
Appgini alone can't run any scheduled jobs.

facos79
Veteran Member

Re: Download the backup locally - Scaricare il backup in locale

Post by facos79 » 2022-04-26 10:14

hi, I didn't mean automatic but manual backups. There is already a function that allows you to backup the database but this backup cannot be exported except by accessing it via ftp. It would be important that you could add a button to be able to 'download' the backup locally on the administrator's PC. I have created several data storage and management software: My customers save documents and information which they then consult at a later time. It is necessary to allow the customer administration to make a manual save and to save a backup copy of the database and of the appgini folders on their pc. They would feel safer and could archive such backups. I know very well that such backup functions exist directly on the server and that these can take place automatically but do not give the customer security. In fact, these backups can be set at well-defined times but in most cases they are always saved in the hosting service. The hosting service could expire, the hosting could no longer allow access to the service or even, as has happened in the past, they could lose important data. It would be enough to add a button to download the backup locally and allow the entire Appgini folder and its database to be saved. Nothing more.

*** in italiano ***

ciao, non intendevo backup automatici ma manuali. Esiste già una funzione che permette di eseuire il backup del database ma questo backup non si può esportare se non accedendo tramite ftp. Sarebbe importante che si potesse aggiungere un bottone per poter 'scaricare' il backup in locale sul pc dell'amministratore. Ho creato diversi gestionali di memorizzazione e gestione dati: I miei clienti salvano documenti ed informazioni che poi consultano in un secondo momento. Bisogna permettere al cliente amministrazione di fare un salvataggio manuale e di salvare sul proprio pc una copia di backup del database e delle cartelle di appgini. Si sentirebbero più sicuri e potrebbero archiviare tali backup. So benissimo che esistono tali funzioni di backup direttamente sul server e che queste possono avvenire in automatico ma non danno sicurezza al cliente. Infatti tali backup possono essere impostati ad orari bene definiti ma nella maggior parte dei casi vengono salvati sempre nel servizio hosting. Il servizio hosting potrebbe scadere, l'hosting potrebbe non permettere più l'accesso al servizio o addirittura, come già successo in passato , potrebbero perdere dati importanti. Basterebbe aggiungere un bottone per poter scaricare il backup in locale e permettere il salvataggio dell'intera cartella Appgini e del relativo database. Nulla di più.