Signin with Google account

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pandiyan

Signin with Google account

Post by pandiyan » 2022-03-19 14:12

How do i add signin with google account option
(I am not a coder, please explain detailly )

Thank you

D Oliveira
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Signin with Google account

Post by D Oliveira » 2022-03-27 22:48

short answer: you need someone who knows how to code

long answer: user authentication through google-> https://developers.google.com/identity/ ... eb/sign-in

facos79
Veteran Member

Post by facos79 » 2022-04-20 20:44

it would be a useful feature to increase security. +1

hgarbe
Veteran Member

Post by hgarbe » 2022-04-25 23:28

I suggest going with Davids short suggestion ;)
Agree that it might be a tempting function but where to start including third party authenticator? Google, Facebook, linkedin, apple, ..
Never ending story, besides: once implemented also requires maintenance consuming resources otherwise better spent.

frankg

Post by frankg » 2022-11-28 21:01

In the current situation, it is increasingly necessary to integrate security into online systems. One of these aspects is the double step authentication (2FA) that Appgini could offer. One way could be that users receive a code in their mail when they register or use Google as suggested.
I respectfully request the developers of Appgini that, in order to ensure the safety of users and the information stored in the databases, this feature can be integrated into the system natively.
thanks

peebee
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by peebee » 2022-12-02 01:15

Yes, agreed it would be very nice to have additional security hardening such as 2FA, brute force protection and authenticated login built into Appgini.

In the meanwhile however - if you don't mind paying a small and in my opinion a reasonable premium for a 3rd party Appgini add-on, I would recommend you take a look at Ronnies "AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini".

https://portals.docsie.io/ronthedev/ron ... 5RYLgSnjV/

Apart from AdminLTE aesthetics, this plugin also provides options for multiple additional levels of additional security including 2FA, Session control, Google OAuth and Recaptcha. I have just had an app that includes this plugin professionally penetration tested and it passed. Without 2FA, session management and some form of brute-force protection it would have failed. Yes, you can add these features yourself with individual hooks/code edits but it is far quicker/easier with this plugin.

I should add this is a third party plugin not provided by or endorsed by BigProf Software. I'd also like to add that I am in no way affiliated with the developer or development of this plugin. I am just a satisfied customer. I hope it remains maintained and compatible with future versions of Appgini.

rngoda
Veteran Member

Post by rngoda » 2022-12-20 09:24

peebee wrote:
2022-12-02 01:15
Yes, agreed it would be very nice to have additional security hardening such as 2FA, brute force protection and authenticated login built into Appgini.

In the meanwhile however - if you don't mind paying a small and in my opinion a reasonable premium for a 3rd party Appgini add-on, I would recommend you take a look at Ronnies "AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini".

https://portals.docsie.io/ronthedev/ron ... 5RYLgSnjV/

Apart from AdminLTE aesthetics, this plugin also provides options for multiple additional levels of additional security including 2FA, Session control, Google OAuth and Recaptcha. I have just had an app that includes this plugin professionally penetration tested and it passed. Without 2FA, session management and some form of brute-force protection it would have failed. Yes, you can add these features yourself with individual hooks/code edits but it is far quicker/easier with this plugin.

I should add this is a third party plugin not provided by or endorsed by BigProf Software. I'd also like to add that I am in no way affiliated with the developer or development of this plugin. I am just a satisfied customer. I hope it remains maintained and compatible with future versions of Appgini.
Thanks for the support, and I am glad you love working with the Plugin.
I'm a software engineer specializing in web database application development for complex scalable web apps.

Buy AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini: HERE
Buy Cloud Storage Plugin For Appgini HERE

Checkout AdminLTE Plugin For Appgini Tutorials On Youtube

For support Email: [email protected] Whatsappp: Me Here

frankg

Post by frankg » 2022-12-29 22:19

Hi
I will be a great feature to introduce a 2FA directly in the main programm. I have read that there are some options with Google but it will be great to have its Own feature in the Appgini program.
Thanks

Frank