Not using the project AXP file to save plugins' parameters

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pilandros
Veteran Member

Not using the project AXP file to save plugins' parameters

Post by pilandros » 2021-06-04 15:24

Every project needs to be either modified, updated or upgraded, and I am sure that for this reason is the existence of the hooks folder, to ease to the process of re-generating the entire project without losing the customization. Would it be nice to to the same for the plugins parameters? instead of modifying the axp project file to insert the plugin parameters, to save them in a different file, so whenever is needed to update the project file you don´t lose the plugins parameters?

pilandros
Veteran Member

Re: Not using the project AXP file to save plugins' parameters

Post by pilandros » 2021-06-12 12:15

Ok, I've been told that the project file, with plugins' parameters on it, can be modified by Appgini and use it to re-generate the project. Then you just upload the project file again into the plugins' working server, and everything should work back again. True.

But I have several customers using the same project structure, with their own customization processes and functions, for them, hooks folder works perfect when I need to update or upgrade the project structure, since their customization lays in their own hooks folder. But I get into a lot of trouble for the plugins parameters since the plugins parameters are saved into the project file.

This is the reason for my proposal to separate the plugins' parameters from the project file.

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Not using the project AXP file to save plugins' parameters

Post by SkayyHH » 2021-06-12 20:13

I can agree with that. That would be awesome for me too.