Copy&Past code for table creation

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Copy&Past code for table creation

Post by onoehring » 2021-02-11 13:31

Hi,

I would like to see the option to right-click (or similar) on a table/field in AG and click there on something that will create the SQL code needed to generate the table/field I clicked on and put that code into the clipboard.
This would make adjustments in the database much easier.

I created a little mockup to visualize my request:
mockup_rclsql.png
mockup_rclsql.png (69.64 KiB) Viewed 1196 times
Olaf

pfrumkin
Veteran Member

Re: Copy&Past code for table creation

Post by pfrumkin » 2021-02-11 16:57

Hi Olaf,

I think that CREATE code is (more or less) in admin\updateDB.php. It's a little klunky but I'm not sure how much such a feature would be used. I don't have a lot experience with phymyadmin but that is where I'd expect to see such a feature and I don't see it.

Just my $.02.

~Paul

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Re: Copy&Past code for table creation

Post by onoehring » 2021-02-12 08:38

Hi Paul,

well, I know we can use phpadmin to create/alter tables/fields. My suggestion is, that AG gives the option to quickly get the code so we can more easily try things out. With a complex app, I do not want to create the app, make all adjustments just to have change X in my database.
I am asking for this feature, as I prepare my database quite often: already creating fields and indexes, constraints foreign key etc ... as AG simply does not do this.

Olaf