Icons for tables

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pilandros
Veteran Member

Icons for tables

Post by pilandros » 2020-10-29 15:26

It would be great if we can have the name of the icon when you do a mouse-over an icon (or displayed in small font under each icon), so we can search-choose either the same icon for another table or the same icon again, instead of having to go through a visual inspection page by page, especially because there are now a lot of icons to choose from (which is good).
Attachments
Sprite 7.jpg
Sprite 7.jpg (124.25 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

SkayyHH
Veteran Member

Re: Icons for tables

Post by SkayyHH » 2020-10-29 16:27

... and the possibility to use bootstrap SVG icons would be cool :-)

onoehring
AppGini Super Hero
AppGini Super Hero

Post by onoehring » 2020-12-08 15:59

Hi pilandros,

I suggest you download the total iconset from https://www.fatcow.com/free-icons and unzip them. Then, simply look in that folder and search for the name you like (that's how I quickly find an icon I like).

Olaf

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2021-07-20 21:08

onoehring wrote:
2020-12-08 15:59
Hi pilandros,

I suggest you download the total iconset from https://www.fatcow.com/free-icons and unzip them. Then, simply look in that folder and search for the name you like (that's how I quickly find an icon I like).

Olaf
Thanks Olaf, but the problem is not to have a list of icons to choose from or to look for the icon you like, the problem is to have the name of the icon at hand to search for it and use it in other tables. If you want to use the same icon on another table, you need to either type the name of the icon to search for it or scroll and browse for the entire section-pages looking for the same icon, and when found, select it from the list shown. I thought as a suggestion that having the name of the icon displayed when you mouse-over the icon would be a great help to ease the icons search.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2021-07-20 21:29

pilandros wrote:
2021-07-20 21:08
onoehring wrote:
Hi pilandros,

Olaf
Thanks Olaf, but the problem is not to have a list of icons to choose from or to look for the icon you like, the problem is to have the name of the icon at hand to search for it and use it in other tables. If you want to use the same icon on another table, you need to either type the name of the icon to search for it or scroll and browse for the entire section-pages looking for the same icon, and when found, select it from the list shown. I thought as a suggestion that having the name of the icon displayed when you mouse-over the icon would be a great help to ease the icons search.
And just to confirm my suggestion, today I had to face this same issue again. I needed to use one icon that my app is already using for another table to use with a new added table (same icon), so I needed to locate the icon within some 2 thousand icons. I executed the file-explorer to open the "../file/resources/table_icons" carpet to seek for the icon that I need and spend some 10 minutes seeking for the icon, just to know it's name so I can search for it within the appgini program.

pilandros
Veteran Member

Post by pilandros » 2021-07-20 21:39

pilandros wrote:
2021-07-20 21:29
pilandros wrote:
2021-07-20 21:08
onoehring wrote:
Hi pilandros,

Olaf
And just to confirm my suggestion, today I had to face this same issue again. I needed to use one icon that my app is already using for another table to use with a new added table (same icon), so I needed to locate the icon within some 2 thousand icons. I executed the file-explorer to open the "../file/resources/table_icons" carpet to seek for the icon that I need and spend some 10 minutes seeking for the icon, just to know it's name so I can search for it within the appgini program.
Just to be proactive here. I found a turnaround or a quickest way to find the name of the icon, (which is preferably to have to search the icon within the appgini program) run the generated app and just mouse-over the icon you need and with the right-button menu select "inspect" to see the HTML code and find the name of the icon.

a.gneady
Site Admin

Post by a.gneady » 2021-07-28 17:58

Thanks for your feedback! In the next release, I'll add a tool tip displaying the image name as the mouse passes over the icon. Stay tuned!
:idea: AppGini plugins to add more power to your apps:
  • DataTalk is an innovative AppGini plugin based on ChatGPT that allows you to interact with your AppGini database using natural language questions, without writing any SQL. Check the demo video
  • Mass Update plugin: Update multiple records at once and improve your workflow efficiency.
  • Check our other plugins and get a generous discount of up to 30% when buying 2 or more plugins.