Backup Restore Plugins parameters

Wish to see a specific feature/change in future releases? Feel free to post it here, and if it gets enough "likes", we'd definitely include it in future releases!
pilandros
Veteran Member

Backup Restore Plugins parameters

Post by pilandros » 2020-04-02 21:43

I am a big fan of AppGini since ... a lot of time ago, and I've been following and buying all of the plugins since the SPM (Search Page Maker), and also the latest Calendar plugin.

I have several "live running AppGini projects" with a lot of customizing on them and I have found most of the plugins very handy to replace and to enhance the user experience for each one. Each of the projects have had some frequent changes (say at least 1 every two months) and I really appreciate the hooks carpet design and the header and footer-extras php scripts. If you stick to this structure they help a lot when customizing.

But!! with the plugins data is another story.

It's been messy for me every time I have to make changes to any of the AXP project files. See, we designed our own platform structure based upon the AppGini concept. I have a main AXP project file structure with some 100+ tables that serves as the basis of our business platforms. Then whenever I need a new project, I just design the specific data tables for every project that needs it, leaving a single AXP project without the basic business structure (that I will later add).

Then I add the basic structure plus the new single added structure to form a final new project AXP project file. So this way when I need to make changes to the shared basic business structure, I go to that basic structure, make the changes and then run this concatenation processes for every project that shares the same basic structure, to update all of them. I even developed an AppGini project just to keep documented all the changes and processes we all need to run every time we need to make changes! It is busy but fun with the help of AppGini.

But we have had a lot of "missfires" (sort of speak) when it comes to update the plugins, so much that we usually endup creating the plugins all over again everytime there is a change in the project files. Because it is hard enough to keep track of all the AXP files when it comes to changes, to finally get the proper updated AXP files for each of my users, because if we just download the current "in'use" AXP project files (with their current plugins' data), it is of no use for us, because anyways we need to re assemble the basic structre + the added structure and then try to add the plugins data. But since we do not have an isolated plugins data we have a hard time isolating the plugins data to form the new and updated AXP project files.

So my specific request for future releases is that if these plugin parameters could be kept appart from the AXP files! and make their own separated backup-restores that would make a great product even greater!

Thanks!